Public Accountability and Governance - Audit & Risk Committees
This half day seminar examines and reviews the role of the Audit & Risk Assurance Committee in providing assurance, independent of the executive, on risk management, governance and internal control.
This programme will cover:
- The Audit & Risk Assurance Committee: its constitutional position and its role within government departments and arm's length public bodies;
- The relationship between, and the respective roles of, the Audit & Risk Assurance Committee, the Accounting Officer and the Board (or other governing authority);
- The committee's role in relation to financial reporting and the governance statement;
- The committee's role in relation to risk management and anti-fraud measures;
- The respective contributions of internal and external audit;
- The Audit & Risk Assurance Committee's challenge function, including reference to case examples where the committee's approach could have been more robust;
- DoF's Audit & Risk Assurance Committee Handbook together with other relevant guidance;
- Observations regarding good practice.
Steve Mungavin, Former Head of CIPFA Northern Ireland will present the seminar which includes a contribution from the Northern Ireland Audit Office (NIAO).
For Member Organisations the charge will be £200 + VAT
For Non-Member Organisations the charge will be £300 + VAT
A light lunch will be available immediately following the session.
For directions to Clare House, please follow this link: https://goo.gl/maps/MT7VcAzs5bu
Car parking is very limited at Clare House, so please use the overflow carpark at B&Q, which is approx 10mins walk from Clare House.