Public Accountability & Governance Training for Audit and Risk Assurance Committee Members
This half day seminar examines and reviews the role of the Audit & Risk Assurance Committee in providing assurance, independent of the executive, on risk management, governance and internal control.
This programme will cover:
- The Audit & Risk Assurance Committee: its constitutional position and its role within government departments and arm's length public bodies;
- The relationship between, and the respective roles of, the Audit & Risk Assurance Committee, the Accounting Officer and the Board (or other governing authority);
- The committee's role in relation to financial reporting and the governance statement;
- The committee's role in relation to risk management and anti-fraud measures;
- The respective contributions of internal and external audit;
- The Audit & Risk Assurance Committee's challenge function, including reference to case examples where the committee's approach could have been more robust;
- DoF's Audit & Risk Assurance Committee Handbook together with other relevant guidance;
- Observations regarding good practice.
Steve Mungavin, Former Head of CIPFA Northern Ireland will present the seminar which includes a contribution from the Northern Ireland Audit Office (NIAO).
*Due to the current situation, this session will be delivered in accordance with Public Health Agency guidance at the time.
There are a limited number of spaces on this course.
The cost will be £245 + VAT for member organisations, and £345 + VAT for non-member organisations.
There are a limited number of spaces on this course. Spaces for in-person attendance are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
The cost will be £245+VAT for member organisations, and £345+VAT for non-member organisations.
To reserve your place please click on the REGISTER button above and enter the password 'topcat' when prompted.
CEF operates on a cost recovery basis, therefore cancellations must be made no later 5 than working days in advance of the event or the full fee will be charged for non-attendance.