Event Sold Out
Making the Sound Bite Count
This one-day seminar provides practical training for staff who are required to represent their organisation on the media.
Designed to boost your confidence and build your interview skills, the programme combines a mix of general and personalised advice with practice sessions and one-to-one coaching in interview techniques from seasoned media professionals.
The overall aim of the programme is to make people feel more composed in front of the camera or microphone.
- practical guidance on how to develop and deliver your key messages in a way that will connect with your target audience
- how to remain ‘on message’ even in the most challenging interview scenarios
- the common pitfalls in broadcast interviews - and how to avoid them
- what makes a successful virtual interview.
This highly regarded, long-running media skills programme for senior executives operates from state-of-the-art TV and radio production facilities; allowing participants to experience a sense of media interviews. It is conducted under the ‘Chatham House’ rule.
The workshop is led by Mike Philpott and Iain Webster both having extensive knowledge and experience in the newspaper, radio and television industries-locally, nationally and internationally.
Who should attend?
- Staff undertaking media interviews on behalf of their organisation.
- Staff involved in preparing briefing documents for organisational spokespeople.
These workshops consistently receive very positive reviews from participants:
"...The essential difference between this and a "standard" media skills course was that both Mike and Iain were speaking from considerable experience and conveyed some very useful tips on how to handle journalists, ...I would recommend the course for any senior manager who may be called upon to speak on the broadcast media and who is not already experienced"
Chief Executive Officer
There are a limited number of spaces on this course.
The cost will be £345 +VAT for member organisations, and £445 +VAT for non-member organisations.
CEF operates on a cost recovery basis, therefore cancellations must be made no later than 5 working days in advance of the event or the full fee will be charged for non-attendance.