Public Accountability and Governance Training for Senior Managers
This half-day seminar targets members of the senior management team who support the chief executive in their accounting officer role: heads of finance and audit functions and, more generally, others who direct operations and otherwise determine the ways in which an organisation discharges its functions.
The programme will cover:
- Developments in corporate governance in central government;
- Accountability and responsibility: the personal responsibilities of the Accounting Officer (AO), and the obligation on the part of the senior management team to support the AO and to ensure that high standards of governance are carried through to the organisation and, where appropriate, its arm's length bodies (ALBs);
- Principles applying to the stewardship of public funds;
- Regularity, propriety and the proper conduct of public business;
- Key sources of guidance including recently published material;
- The scrutiny role of the Northern Ireland Audit Office; and
- The work of the Assembly's Public Accounts Committee.
Steve Mungavin, Former Head of CIPFA Northern Ireland, will present the seminar which includes a contribution from the Northern Ireland Audit Office (NIAO).
There are a limited number of spaces on this course.
The cost will be £245+VAT for member organisations, and £345+VAT for non-member organisations.
To reserve your place please click on the REGISTER button above and enter the password 'topcat' when prompted.
CEF operates on a cost recovery basis, therefore cancellations must be made no later 5 than working days in advance of the event or the full fee will be charged for non-attendance.